Yield 4-6 people
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3.5 oz red bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 1 oz banana peppers, sliced thinly
- ¼ oz green chilis, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water or stock
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz oyster mushrooms
- 2 oz feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 7 oz cream cheese
- Parsley to garnish
Step 1: Saute Peppers, Onions and Garlic
- Melt butter in a wok.
- Add the peppers (bell, banana, and green chili) and sauté until aromatic.
- Add the onions and sweat until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic. Do not allow to burn.
Step 2: Add Stock, Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- Add the water or stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the oyster mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Add Cheese
- Stir in the feta and cream cheese.
- Simmer over a low heat, stirring constantly until sauce is creamy and slightly thick.
Step 4: Garnish and Serve
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with red or wholegrain rice
Recipe by Arousing Appetites: Home to the Serious Cook at https://blog.arousingappetites.com/ema-datshi-bhutanese-chili-cheese-stew/