Korean Beef Bulgogi
Yield 8-10 Servings
For the Meat:
- 1 kg beef sirloin, thinly sliced
For the Marinade:
- 1 Korean pear, cored and roughly chopped (or substitute with a regular apple or pear, or apple or pear juice)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons Gochujang chili paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped leeks
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, thinly sliced
Step 1: Prepare the Bulgogi Marinade
- To make the bulgogi marinade, combine all ingredients except for the beef in a blender. Process until smooth.
Step 2: Let the Marinated Meat Rest Overnight
- Pour the marinade over the beef slices and make sure they are completely smothered in the sauce. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Step 3: Break Out the Grill
- Finish the beef on a hot grill for about a minute on each side, shaking off any excess sauce from the meat first. If you don't have a barbecue grill, a stove-top grill pan will work very well too.
Courses Main Dish
Recipe by Arousing Appetites: Home to the Serious Cook at https://blog.arousingappetites.com/korean-beef-bulgogi/